Sunday, May 23, 2010

Maitland Finds

As reported in yesterday's post,I took a drive to Maitland (a short distance further on from Morpeth) on Friday & came home pleased as punch with what I had found at the oppies there (7 on the main street!)


Some vintage fabric to add to the stash

Retro Japanese stoneware

A delightful drinks tray (the circles are actually compartments to hold glasses)

An assortment of vintage buckles.....

....to add to my collection 

These little vases (or maybe candle holders)

The wee vase & pink basket to add to this collection (only 50c each & not a chip!)

And some more old snap fasteners to add to this collection!

Earlier in the week I found....

This lovely Italian mini screen

And this beautiful floppy vintage fabric,which will make a lovely summer dress or skirt....sometime!

Now,given that I'm not going to be doing the flea market again for several weeks (I have some Sunday shifts at Honeybee,& going home for a week) & have my stepson coming to stay a while in our tiny spare room (where I normally store stuff),I need to try & exercise some restraint with my op shopping!Hmmm....!

1 comment:

allie said...

loving all ya stuff ing great op shop finds. Ive caught onto the blog revolution too now only just started though my blog www.lifeinb-town.blogspot.com